Annual Benefits Enrollment
Annual Benefits Enrollment is now closed. Benefits elections made for the next plan year are effective Sept. 1, 2022.
Changes this year
Watch a video of this year’s plan changes or find an overview below.
- Monthly premiums have increased and benefits have changed for the UT SELECT Medical plan. Find the new rates and benefits here.
- A new fertility benefit offered by Progyny is available for UT SELECT Medical plan members.
- The new Blue Cross Blue Shield Learn to Live program offers free behavioral help in a digital platform for depression; stress and anxiety; social anxiety; insomnia; and substance use.
- Free employee coverage for both Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance has increased from $40,000 to $50,000.
- Rates have decreased for Voluntary Group Term Life Insurance. Evidence of Insurability (physical exam) is not required for coverage of 1 to 3 times salary for this year only.
- State contributions for the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) are increasing to 8% from 7.75%. Member contributions remain 8%.
- The contribution limit for the UT Flex Health Care Reimbursement account (HCRA) has increased to $2,850.
- A new option to contribute after tax dollars is now available for the UTSaver Deferred Compensation Plan (457b). Find details on the UT System Retirement Program website.
- There are no changes to monthly premiums for vision, dental or short-term and long-term disability plans.
Visit the UT System Office of Employee Benefits Annual Enrollment website for details of all the benefits changes and offerings this year.
Presentations from Virtual Benefits Fair
Watch recorded presentations from the Virtual Benefits Fairs to learn more about benefit offerings.
Annual Enrollment Guide for Employees
BlueCross BlueShield of Texas UT SELECT Medical Plan
New Progyny Fertility and Family Building Benefit
UT Employee Assistance Program
Higher Ed Benefit Presentation
Changes to your Benefits
If you experience a major life event or change in your personal or work life, you may need to change your benefits.
You have 31 days from the date of a qualified change of status event to complete changes to your benefits that are consistent with that event. If you do not make your eligible changes during the 31-day status change period (60 days for changes related to CHIP eligibility), your changes cannot be made until the next Annual Enrollment in July. Find a list of qualified life event changes and documentation required.
You can make changes to your benefits two ways:
- Online at My UT Benefits – Chrome is the preferred browser for My UT Benefits. Internet Explorer is not compatible.
- Benefitplace mobile app – Follow the instructions to download the benefits app and enroll on your phone.
How do I . . .
Find click-by-click tutorials for common tasks in My UT Benefits.
- Benefits questions – For questions about your benefits, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- System questions – For technical issues accessing or using My UT Benefits to enroll, call the My UT Benefits support line at 844-870-0044 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT.