UT Health San Antonio is committed to protecting and safeguarding the confidential and sensitive information entrusted to us through various means. The UT Health San Antonio Compliance and Privacy Office (ICPO) ensures that UT Health San Antonio complies with the privacy laws, rules, and policies. We strive to create a culture of privacy awareness and for the highest level of commitment to protecting personally identifiable information.
The ICPO handles issues related to privacy practices, policies, concerns, and complaints. We also act as a resource for patients, staff, and students. The privacy laws provide for certain privacy rights.
These rights include:
- The right to receive a Notice of Privacy Practices (NPP).
- The right to confidential communication (to use a certain phone number or specific mailing address when communicating about your care).
- The right to request restrictions (access to your protected health information).
- The right to amend your medical records (to correct erroneous information).
- The right to an accounting of disclosures (to whom UT Health San Antonio provides information about you).
Any questions or concerns related to privacy matters should be directed to the Institutional Compliance and Privacy Office at email@example.com.
Forms of Interest
- Notice of Privacy Practices (English)
- Notice of Privacy Practices (Spanish)
- Notice of Privacy Practices Acknowledgement of Receipt (English)
- Notice of Privacy Practices Acknowledgement of Receipt (Spanish)
- Request for Accounting of Disclosures
- Alternate Communications Request
- Authorization to disclose PHI
- Medical Record Amendment Request
- Restriction Request
- Non-Discrimination Notice
If you have any concerns related to the privacy of your protected health information, please call the Institutional Compliance and Privacy Office at (210) 567-2014. You may also call our anonymous Compliance Hotline at (877) 507-7317 or report online at http://uthscsa.edu/ReportNow.