4/8/20 | 8:25 am | New Policy for All UT Health San Antonio Employees positive for COVID 19
All UT Health San Antonio employees who have had a positive COVID 19 test will be required to have a physical examination by a Wellness 360 healthcare provider or their primary healthcare provider before returning to work. Written documentation of the visit will be required.
Employees must make an appointment with Wellness 360 by calling 210-567-2788, option 1.
Before making the appointment, employees must:
- Be symptom free for at least 72 hours (3 full days) without taking fever-reducing medication
- Have at least 7 days passed since symptoms first appeared.
Employees can call the COVID 19 Hotline 210-450-8000 with any concerns or questions regarding the return to work policy. For employees who are working remotely, notify your supervisor when you feel able to return to work.
After returning to work, patient facing healthcare providers should:
- Wear a facemask at all times while in the healthcare facility
- Be restricted from contact with severely immunocompromised patients (e.g., transplant, hematology-oncology) until 14 days after illness onset
- Adhere to hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and cough etiquette in CDC’s interim infection control guidance (e.g., cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, dispose of tissues in waste receptacles)
- Self-monitor for symptoms, and seek re-evaluation from Wellness 360 or your primary healthcare provider if respiratory symptoms recur or worsen
Employees who have tested negative for COVID 19 must not return to work until they are fever free for 24 hours (temperature below 100.0 F or 37.7 C). They do not need clearance from Employee Health/Wellness 360.
Employees who have been ill (coughing, fever, tiredness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) and have NOT tested for COVID 19 may not return to work until symptom free for 72 hours and 7 days after onset of the first symptom. Provider clearance will be required if returning to work before 72 hours free of symptoms and 7 days from onset of symptoms.