4/14/20 | Home Away Isolation program supports our health care providers
UT Health San Antonio has created a program to provide housing for employees with exposure or potential exposure to COVID-19 and need or choose to isolate themselves from their families. The program will support our health care providers and first responders with:
- Temporary housing options for anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (as confirmed by Wellness 360)
- Discounted housing/hotels for employees who have contact with COVID-19 patients in their job and want to isolate themselves to prevent exposing their families
- A partnership with UTSA to provide dorm rooms for employees who are concerned with potential exposure to COVID-19 is in progress, with more details to come
To request support, UT Health San Antonio employees who need housing away from home should contact the Home Away Isolation program hotline at 210-450-8155 or COVIDemail@example.com, available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and monitored weekends.
Wellness 360 Hotline is first step to getting help for COVID-19.
UT Health San Antonio has established a dedicated hotline for our faculty, staff and students for all COVID-19 health-related questions and concerns at 210-450-8000, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekends. It’s essential that anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or who may need testing contact the hotline so we can assist you.
Calling the hotline will allow us to better help our UT Health San Antonio community including:
- A faster turnaround for test results than most community testing sites, with results as soon as 24 hours
- Connecting you with designated resources offered by UT Health San Antonio to assist our employees with their situation including:
- Request options for leave on the COVID-19 Leave website if unable to work
- Home Away Isolation options to protect family members from being exposed (Request by calling 210-450-8155)
- Assisting with required paperwork and actions needed for transition back to work