April 20, 2020

Dear Faculty, Staff and Residents,

My semi-annual President’s Forum is different in a number of ways this spring. First and most obviously, we are currently unable to gather as a group for me to provide an in-person update, and thus I am sharing with you this pre-recorded President’s Forum message.  I hope that you find the video informative. Second, instead of the updates and accolades I normally provide in these Forums related to each of our missions and about each of our five schools, this message is devoted to how UT Health San Antonio is rising to the challenges posed by COVID-19. Third, I must provide a raincheck for our normal, after-Forum lunch!

Governor Abbott’s Executive Order of yesterday, April 27, to partially re-open Texas starting this Friday, May 1, does not directly affect the operations of UT Health San Antonio, since we have been considered an essential business from the beginning of this pandemic. We will continue to thoughtfully plan a full return-to-campus with a phased-in approach, which I mention in my recorded message. If you have any questions, please send them to communications@uthscsa.edu and the leadership team and I will do our best to reply promptly.

I hope that you are well and adjusting to the many changes each of us is facing in our daily lives. I look forward to the day when we can once again gather in person and celebrate our collective resiliency, flexibility and adaptability.

With great appreciation and respect,

William L. Henrich, M.D., MACP
President and Professor of Medicine

Article Categories: President Communications