6/23/20 | 9:15 am | Updated Policy for All UT Health San Antonio Employees positive for COVID-19
All UT Health San Antonio employees who have had a positive COVID-19 test will be required to have a physical examination by a Wellness 360 health care provider or their primary health care provider before returning to work. Written documentation of the visit will be required.
Employees must make an appointment with Wellness 360 by calling 210-567-2788, option 1.
Before making the appointment, employees must:
- Be symptom free for at least 72 hours (3 full days) without taking fever-reducing medication
- Have at least 10 days passed since symptoms first appeared.
Employees can call the COVID-19 Hotline 210-450-8000 with any concerns or questions regarding the return to work policy. For employees who are working remotely, notify your supervisor when you feel able to return to work.
After returning to work, patient facing health care providers should:
- Wear a facemask at all times while in the health care facility
- Be restricted from contact with severely immunocompromised patients (e.g., transplant, hematology-oncology) until 14 days after illness onset
- Adhere to hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and cough etiquette in CDC’s interim infection control guidance (e.g., cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, dispose of tissues in waste receptacles)
- Self-monitor for symptoms, and seek re-evaluation from Wellness 360 or your primary health care provider if respiratory symptoms recur or worsen
- Employees who have tested negative for COVID-19 must not return to work until they are fever free for 24 hours (temperature below 100.0 F or 37.7 C). They do not need clearance from Employee Health/Wellness 360.
Employees who have been ill (coughing, fever, tiredness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) and have NOT tested for COVID-19 may not return to work until symptom free for 72 hours and 10 days after onset of the first symptom. Provider clearance will be required if returning to work before 72 hours free of symptoms and 10 days from onset of symptoms.