9/30/20 | Research Continuity: Message from the Vice President for Research
Message for the Research Community
Visiting Students Conducting Research
On September 28, 2020, the Office of the Vice President for Academic, Faculty & Student Affairs sent out an announcement to enable expanded campus access for educational and visiting student research activities.
Regarding visiting undergraduate/graduate students conducting research activities at UT Health San Antonio:
- Effective October 1, 2020, all visiting undergraduate/graduate students are allowed to conduct benchwork under the sponsorship and direct supervision of a UT Health SA faculty member.
- The suspension of programs engaging high school students remains in place. Please contact Dr. Irene Chapa (email@example.com) for any questions about high school programs.
- Clinical shadowing is not allowed. Further notification about shadowing activities will be provided at a later time.
- Procedures to sponsor a visiting student on campus have been updated. Please refer to this guidance for more information.
- The faculty sponsor must submit a Visiting Student Exemption request that requires the approval of the appropriate department Chair and Dean. Once the approval is granted, identified visiting students should contact the Registrar Office to obtain “visiting student status”.
- All students must follow the mandated campus safety guidelines including daily temperature screening, social distancing, universal masking, hand hygiene, etc.
Taking steps to minimize the risk of COVID-19 infections is a shared responsibility. Violations of any UT Health San Antonio safety guidelines should be reported to your immediate supervisor and may result in immediate denial of access to UT Health.
Please maintain awareness of the dynamic nature of national, state and local health requirements, and frequently consult the UT Health SA Coronavirus Updates website.
Andrea Giuffrida, PhD
Vice President for Research