The Dermatology Interest Group, known as DIG, was founded in the spring of 2008 with the hope of bringing together and informing medical students that are interested in the field of Dermatology. DIG hopes to serve as a valuable resource to medical students by providing support, faculty contacts, community service and dynamic events.
Purpose of Interest Group
- Inform the student body of opportunities in Dermatology.
- Establish connections between medical professionals and students.
- Promote Dermatology as a career choice.
- Offer students interests in Dermatology the opportunity to serve the community through student run skin clinics.
The Dermatology Interest Group Association serves as the national association for Dermatology Interest Groups and is currently comprised of groups from 30 medical schools nationwide. As a member group of DIGA, we hope to collaborate in their mission and their activities.
The mission of DIGA as a student-run, non-profit organization is to:
- Provide a forum for communication between students and professionals in Dermatology
- Create a network of collaboration between DIGs nationwide.
- To enhance teamwork and increase participation in early detection of critical dermatological conditions.
- To provide a support group for students considering a career in dermatology.
Currently, DIG does not have an official membership. However, those who are interested in becoming involved are welcome to contact the current presidents to get more information about getting involved. We take pride in having a diverse group of medical students from all classes. We do not collect membership dues and instead focus our efforts on our annual Run From The Sun 5K. All funds go towards meeting expenses, member activities, and the student-run Travis Park Dermatology Clinic downtown.
President: Luke Wallis & Jordan Buckey
Vice President: Daniel Glade
Secretary: Emily Henkel
Treasurer: Chris Gelson
Run Coordinator: Ruby Gibson & Katie Hinchee-Rodriguez
Travis Park Clinic Coordinator: Payela Bambekova
Faculty Advisor: Payela Bambekova
Haven for Hope Skin Screening Coordinators: Charles Roberts & Alexis Tracy