- MedWeb – The Emory University Health Sciences Library maintains this mammoth collection of links to biomedical resources.
- Facial Surgery – This is the website of Steven M. Denenberg, M.D., of Omaha, Nebraska. Numerous before and after photos, plus good general information for potential cosmetic surgery patients. Medical specialists will also appreciate this site.
- Guide to Otolaryngology on the Internet – Links to discussion groups, mailing lists, patient care information and much, much more.
- Otolaryngology journals – An online, peer-reviewed source of information on otolaryngology-head and neck surgery and related fields.
- The San Francisco Match – Information about the otolaryngology match, and links to other otolaryngology, head and neck surgery academic programs.
- Otolaryngology Resources – Links to a number of other otolaryngology, head and neck surgery departments throughout the USA.
- Center for Voice Disorders – This site is edited by James Koufman, M.D. and Gregory Postma, M.D. at Wake Forest University, North Carolina. Much of the information is geared for clinicians, but patients will also be able to benefit from the numerous articles and editorials that cover the full spectrum of voice disorders.
- The Voice Problem Website
Health Professionals (see also General Interest)
- American Academy of Audiology
- Texas Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- AAO-HNS Weblinks
- Otology Online
- National Cancer Institute
- Current Oncology Reports
Patient Care Information
- Chance to Smile – Non-profit organization for those suffering from Cleft Lip and Palate.
- American Academy of Audiology – Consumer information about hearing aids, hearing loss, and a variety of other topics concerning hearing.
- Cochlear Implants – The Cochlear Implant Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting cochlear implant recipients and their families.
- Sunshine Cottage for Deaf Children – San Antonio’s premier educational institution for hearing-impaired children.
- AAO-HNS Weblinks – Web Page maintained by the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, with MANY links of interest to our patients. If you can’t find it on our webpage, the AAO-HNS Weblinks page is the next place to try.
- American Tinnitus Association – If you suffer from head noise (tinnitus), you may want to become a member of the ATA in order to learn of the latest developments in the treatment of tinnitus.
- Cancer of the Larynx – Information for patients with laryngeal cancer; many links to related sites. This web page, which is updated frequently, is authored by David L.”Dutch” Helms, Lt Col, USAF, (Ret.).
- Deaf Children’s Society of B.C. – This site is not just for parents with deaf children; there are many links to information and resources for individuals with a hearing impairment.
- KidSource Online Health – Links to two sites of interest to parents: a discussion on middle ear fluid, and a discussion on middle ear infections.
- The Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA) – Do you suffer from vertigo/dizziness? You may have a problem with your vestibular system. This site has excellent information on a variety of vestibular disorders, including Meniere’s disease, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, labyrinthitis, and neuronitis. There are also many links for related illnesses, including hearing loss and tinnitus.
- You and Your Stuffy Nose – General information on nasal congestion, from the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Inhealth Technologies – Information and equipment for patients with head-neck cancer