Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at UT Health San Antonio. We offer 2 training programs through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP):
- Categorical Medicine NRMP# 1722140C0
- Advanced HIV Medicine Skills Track NRMP# 1722140C3
- Advanced Inpatient Medicine Skills (AIMS) Track NRMP# 1722140C4
- Preliminary Medicine General NRMP# 1722140P0
- Preliminary Medicine/Radiology NRMP# 1722140P2
We accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) offered by the American Association of Medical Colleges. We DO NOT accept applications outside of ERAS.
We require the following documentation with your ERAS application:
1. A complete and official medical school transcript
2. The Dean’s letter (MSPE)
3.Three letters of recommendation. Two from members of the Department of Internal Medicine and letters from attending physicians supervising your medicine sub-internship or ICU experience are highly suggested.
4. United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE) transcript (parts I and II)
5. Personal statement
This information is reviewed by our residency application committee and invitations are extended as early as possible. We understand the difficulties students face making complicated travel arrangements. Our interview season extends from October through January. We limit the number of applicants on any given day to assure you a more personal view of our training program.