Scholarly Activity by our House Staff and Faculty
1. Tsen A1, Van Norman M, Atluri S, Rosenkranz L. The Emerging Role of Endoscopists in Treating Unresectable Pancreatic Cancer. Pancreas. 2017 Aug; 46(7):839-84. PMID: 28697122
2. Chowdhury R1, Tsen A2. Recurrent Mixed Cryoglobulinemia Despite Sustained Virologic Response to Treatment: A Case Report. Am J Kidney Dis. 2017 Aug;70(2):301-304. PMID: 28343737
3. Ghumman SS1, Weinerman J1, Khan A1, Cheema MS1, Garcia M1, Levin D1, Suri R2, Prasad A1. Contrast induced-acute kidney injury following peripheral angiography with carbon dioxide versus iodinated contrast media: A meta-analysis and systematic review of current literature. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2017 May 2. PMID: 28463460
4. Tsen A1, Alishahi Y, Rosenkranz L. Autoimmune Pancreatitis and Inflammatory Bowel Disease: An Updated Review. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2017 Mar;51(3):208-214. PMID: 27779612
5. Mattathil S, Ghumman SS, Weinerman J, Prasad A Use of the RenalGuard System to Prevent Contrast Induced AKI: a Meta-Analysis. Journal of Interventional Cardiology 2017 Mar; 69(11) Supplement: 1357
6. Kapoor, B., Malakouti, M, Ali, S.K. Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) Management for the Primary Care Provider. Consultant. 2015, Feb; 55(2): 140-141.
7. Kato, David. Hepatic dysfunction as a paraneoplastic manifestation of metastatic prostate adenocarcinoma. [Conference]
8. Vizuete J, Alvarez J, Randall C. Changing Trends in Lower Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage: A Rise in Frequency of Ischemic Colitis. Open Journal of Gastroenterology. 2014 5;4: 216-220.
9. Randall C, Zaga-Galante J, Suarez A, Vizuete J, et al. Electrogastrography provides diagnostic accuracy and therapeutic options in patients with non-ulcer ayspepsia: a 12 year study. Gastroenterology 2014. 146.5: S268.
10. Monsoor,Saad. Central pulse pressure in obese hypertensive and normotensive. American Society of Hypertension. [Conference] May 2014.
11. Monsoor, Saad. Cytology Ordering the Right Way. ACP Associates Meeting. [Conference] 2014
12. Monsoor, Saad. Negative pressure pulmonary edema, ACP Associates 2014. Podium Presentation.
13. Konkel, Brandon. Rhodococcus equi Cavitary Lesion Masquerading as Tuberculosis in a Patient with AIDS. ACP Associates Meeting. [Conference] 2014.
14. Nassar Tareq, El Kour Maya, Leykum Luci. Bradycardia and HIV Screening. [Abstract] Journal of Hospital Medicine 8 Suppl 1:1022.
15. Nassar Tareq, El Kour Maya, Hanson Joshua, Moreland Christopher. A Rare Cause of Upper GI bleeding. [Abstract] Journal of Hospital Medicine 8 Suppl 1:1006.
16. Nassar Tareq, El Kour Maya, Bowling Gregory. A Rare cause of obstructive jaundice [abstract]. Journal of Hospital Medicine 8 Suppl 1:1007.
17. Tareq Nassar, Brent Wagner. Multiorgan involvement and detection of tissue gadolinium in a rodent model of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis. Poster session presented at: Kidney week. ASN Annual meeting; 2013 November 5-10; Atlanta, Georgia.
18. Tareq Nassar, Lauren Tarbox, Judith Hernandez, Christopher Dyer. Physical Activity amongst Veterans with ESRD: Perceptions and Barriers. . Poster session presented at: Spring Clinical Meeting, NKF annual meeting; 2014 April 22-26; Las Vegas, Nevada.
19. El Kour M. F.,Nassar T. I.,Sehgal R. Jaw Claudication, Vision loss and high ESR: Always Temporal Arteritis? [abstract]. Journal of Hospital Medicine 9 Suppl 2 :408.
20. Kornsawad Kanapa, Poteet Robyn, Nassar Tareq. Eosiniphilic fasciitis complicated by aplastic anemia [abstract]. ]. Journal of Hospital Medicine 2012; 7 Suppl 2:454.
21. Joshua T. Hanson, Sahand Rahnama, Tareq Nassar, Luci Leykum. It’s Midnight, Do You Know Who Your Patients Are? A Survey of Housestaff Attitudes Towards Nighttime Hospital Care. Poster session presented at: Celebrating Generalism. SGIM 36th Annual Meeting; 2013 April 24-27; Denver, Colorado.
22. Sahand Rahnama, Tareq Nassar, Joshua T. Hanson, Luci Leykum. What Actually Happens Overnight? A Study Describing Handoffs at a Large Academic Institution. Poster session presented at: Celebrating Generalism. SGIM 36th Annual Meeting; 2013 April 24-27; Denver, Colorado.
23. Phillips J, Cardile AP, Patterson TF, Lewis JS 2nd. Daptomycin-induced acute eosinophilic pneumonia: analysis of the current data and illustrative case reports. Scand J Infect Dis. 2013 Oct;45(10):804-8. doi: 10.3109/00365548.2013.805427. Epub 2013 Jul 5. Review
24. Dao Ngan, Kornsawad Kana. Seize the Worm, Save a Life. Poster Presentation at SHM, May 2014.
25. Escobar, Maria. Thyrotoxic periodic paralysis in two non-asian young men using marijuana [Conference].
26. Escobar, Maria. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and Plasma Testosterone in Male Veterans with Type 2 Diabetes [Conference].
27. Parra A, Karnad AB, Thompson IM. Hispanic Accrual on Randomized Cancer Clinical Trials: A Call to Arms. J Clin Oncol. 2014 May 19
28. Patel P, Erlandsen J, Kirkpatrick W. Thompson GR, Herrera M, Berg D, Westbrook S, Wickes B, Wiederhold N, Redding S, Patterson T. Epidemiology and risk factors for fluconazole resistant oral yeasts in the era of antiretroviral therapy (ART). Poster presented at: 48th Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), November 2010; Vancouver, Canada.
29. Fincke C, Havranek R, Zurita F, Stump D, Hinchey W, Martinez, N. Incidence of colonic neoplasia in patients with a family history of colorectal cancer. Poster presented at: American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting, Poster Session III, October 2010; San Antonio, TX.
30. Fincke C, Havranek R, Zurita F, Stump D, Hinchey W, Martinez, N. Histology and distribution of polyps in patients with a history of colorectal cancer. Poster presented at: American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting, Poster Session III, October 2010; San Antonio, TX.
31. Kashi MR,Belayev L, Parker A. Primary extranodal hodgkin lymphoma of the colon masquerading as new diagnosis of crohn’s disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 Jun 25. PMID: 20601139
32. Javeri H, Xiao L, Rohren E, Lee JH, Liao Z, Hofstetter W, Maru D, Bhutani MS, Swisher SG, Macapinlac H, Wang X, Ajani JA. The higher the decrease in the standardized uptake value of positron emission tomography after chemoradiation, the better the survival of patients with gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma. Cancer. 2009 Nov 15;115(22):5184-92. PMID: 19685531
33. Velez M, Mortensen E, Copeland L, Pugh M, Anzueto A, Coalson J, Teale J, Restrepo M. Impact of the source of infection on clinical outcomes in elderly patients with sepsis. Poster presented at: Annual CHEST Conference, Nov 2009; San Diego, CA.
34. Velez M, Mortensen E, Copeland L, Pugh M, Anzueto A, Coalson J, Teale J, Restrepo M. Characterization of elderly septic population managed in the non ICU setting. Lecture presented at: Annual CHEST Conference, Nov 2009; San Diego, CA.
35. Javeri H, Xiao L, Rohren E, Komaki R, Hofstetter W, Lee JH, Maru D, Bhutani MS, Swisher SG, Wang X, Ajani JA. Influence of the baseline 18F-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography results on survival and pathologic response in patients with gastroesophageal cancer undergoing chemoradiation. Cancer. 2009 Feb 1;115(3):624-30.PMID: 19130466
36. Javeri H<, Arora R, Correa AM, Hofstetter WL, Lee JH, Liao Z, McAleer MF, Maru D, Bhutani MS, Swisher SG, Izzo JG, Ajani JA. Influence of induction chemotherapy and class of cytotoxics on pathologic response and survival after preoperative chemoradiation in patients with carcinoma of the esophagus. Cancer. 2008 Sep 15;113(6):1302-8.PMID: 18623381
37. Kauwea SK, Wang J, Chakravertya S, Goatea A, Henao-Martinez A, Novel presenilin 1 variant (P117A) causing alzheimer’s disease in the fourth decade of life. Neuroscience Letters 2008.
38. Briggs HL, Pul N, Seshadri R, Wilson MJ, Tersteeg C, Russell-Lodrigue KE, Andoh M, Bäumler AJ, Samuel JE. Limited role for iron regulation in coxiella burnetii pathogenesis. Infect Immun 2008; 76:2189-201. PMID: 18316381
39. De Filippis E, Alvarez G, Berria R, Cusi K, Everman S, Meyer C, Mandarino LJ. Insulin-resistant muscle is exercise resistant: evidence for reduced response of nuclear-encoded mitochondrial genes to exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2008; 294:E607-14. PMID: 18182465
40. Restrepo MI, Mortensen EM, Velez JA, Frei C, Anzueto A. A comparative study of community-acquired pneumonia patients admitted to the ward and the ICU. Chest 2008; 133:610-7. PMID: 1798915