Foreign Credential Evaluations

The OIS is not equipped to provide foreign academic credential evaluations on coursework completed outside the United States, nor do we provide translations. Individuals that have completed education outside the United States may need to have their coursework and/or program evaluated for the purposes of gaining admission in to an educational program, submission to a potential employer, or for immigration requests.

Individuals whose department is requesting H-1B visa status or permanent residency will need to provide the OIS with a foreign academic credential evaluation for any coursework that was completed outside the United States. The evaluation will be submitted along with the petition to USCIS. Beneficiaries generally do not need to request a detailed course-by-course evaluation but a general evaluation of the degree/program that was awarded.

The OIS does not endorse one foreign academic evaluation credential agency over another. The Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) and National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) can provide you with a listing of foreign credential evaluation firms. Visit their websites to review their services and fees. Many of these firms provide translation services as well.