Seminars, Conferences & Meetings
Morning Video Teleconference
The Department of Ophthalmology holds a video teleconference (7:00 AM – 7:50 AM) each Monday through Thursday in the Gordon Library & Conference Room at the McDermott Clinical Science Building, on the Greehey Campus of UT Health San Antonio, at 8403 Floyd Curl Drive. Teleconferencing includes the ophthalmology residency programs at Brooke Army Medical Center and Wilford Hall Medical Center.
Ophthalmology Grand Rounds are not open to the public. Attendance is limited to:
- Faculty and Students of UT Health San Antonio
- The San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium (SAUSHEC)
- Adjunct faculty of the UT Health San Antonio Department of Ophthalmology
- Special invited guests of the UTHSA Department of Ophthalmology
On Fridays, Grand Rounds are open to eligible participants at the UTHSA School of Medicine building in Room 209L at 8:00 AM. Lectures follow at 9:00 AM.
The UT Health Science Center San Antonio School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
For more information, call Lauren Belasco at 210-567-8406.
American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
Future dates of the annual AAO meetings are shown below.
- Oct. 27-30, 2018 – Chicago, IL (with Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology-PAAO)
- Oct. 12-15, 2019 – San Francisco, CA
- Nov. 14-17, 2020 – Las Vegas, NV
- Nov. 13-16, 2021 – New Orleans, LA
Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
Future dates of the annual ARVO meetings are listed below.
- April 28 – May 2, 2019 (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- May 3 – 7, 2020 (Baltimore, MD)
- May 2 – 6, 2021 (San Francisco, CA)