10th Point-of-care Ultrasound Workshop
Event Date & TimeFebruary 14, 2020-February 15, 2020
LocationOmni La Mansion del Rio, 112 College St, San Antonio, TX 78205
"The 2019 Point-of-care Ultrasound Workshop was the most effective post-graduate clinical course I have taken. The speakers were terrific, experts in their fields and engaging. The hands-on ultrasound experience while being mentored by outstanding faculty real-time was very effective. The practical lessons learned both in didactic and actual ultrasound imaging will change my daily practice and make me a better clinician and transplant surgeon. A game changer." - Francisco G. Cigarroa, MD 2019 Course Participant & Former Chancellor of the University of Texas System
Point-of-Care Ultrasound Workshop is a unique hands-on experience to teach providers bedside applications of portable ultrasound. During a series of hands-on sessions, participants will practice capturing specific ultrasound views on live models and patients under the guidance of experienced faculty. The hands-on sessions will be complemented by didactic lectures to improve the participants' knowledge of the indications, technical skills, and clinical integration of bedside ultrasound.
This workshop is designed for clinicians seeking training in portable ultrasound.
Why is this workshop unique?
- Maximum hands-on practice scanning with live models
- Nationally recognized expert faculty from leading academic institutions
- Small group sessions with low participant to faculty ratios
- Curriculum designed to teach the highest-yield point-of-care applications for clinicians
- Discounted pricing significantly less than other courses
What can you expect to learn?
- Fundamental principles of ultrasound technology and basic operation of a portable ultrasound machine
- Techniques to perform focused diagnostic ultrasound examinations at the bedside, including imaging of the heart, lungs, abdomen, and lower extremity veins
- Techniques to guide performance of bedside procedures with ultrasound guidance, including central venous catheterization, thoracentesis, paracentesis, and lumbar puncture
- Indications, basic protocols, and limitations of bedside ultrasound imaging
- Practice interpretation of normal and abnormal ultrasound images
- Mentored scanning with experienced faculty to learn hands-on imaging techniques