Event Date & TimeAugust 15, 2019-August 18, 2019
LocationMO Ranch, Hunt Texas
The 72nd Annual Koppa Conference
August 16-17, 2019
A conference for pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons and others interested in the diagnosis and management of diseases of the chest.
The theme for this year’s conference is State-of-the-Art Lung Updates. Afternoon sessions will bring case presentations from colleagues with both interesting as well as unusual diseases. Please bring your case presentations for discussion.
Objectives – As a result of attending this course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the newest biologic therapies in the treatment of asthma.
- Diagnose the variety of non-infectious pulmonary complications related to stem cell transplantation.
- Understand the fundamental principles in the management of severe sepsis and septic shock.
- Learn about the various testing modalities for tuberculosis and apply their use in clinical practice.
- Delineate differences in patients with usual interstitial pneumonia and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Discuss the role of interventional bronchoscopy in the treatment of emphysema.
Accreditation – This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The UT Health San Antonio Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine and the 72nd Annual Koppa Conference Committee. The UT Health San Antonio Joe R. & Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The UT Health San Antonio Joe R. & Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Healthcare professionals will receive a certificate of attendance and should consult with their licensing board for information on applicability and acceptance.