Institutional Compliance and Privacy Program
The UT Health San Antonio’s Compliance and Privacy Program supports the institution’s mission, vision, and core values, and works to ensure the university adheres to all applicable laws, rules, and guidelines governing higher education, research, and healthcare.
The Institutional Compliance and Privacy Office (ICPO) is responsible for developing an institutional compliance program to promote a culture of compliance, foster ethical conduct, and provide education, training, and guidance to all employees, faculty, and trainees. Our institutional compliance program is designed to prevent accidental or intentional noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations; to detect such noncompliance if it occurs; to take corrective action when necessary, and to prevent future noncompliance.
The ICPO provides compliance oversight in the following areas:
- Billing Compliance
- Privacy, including HIPAA and FERPA
- Research Compliance
- Fraud, Abuse, Compliance and Privacy Hotline Allegations
- General Compliance Guidance
- Handbook of Operating Policies Administration
- Compliance and Privacy Training and Education
- Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Compliance