Healthcare Workers may Request that their Pending EADs be Expedited

On December 28, 2021, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued guidance that now permits healthcare workers to request an expedite of their pending Request for Employment Authorization application as long as the applicant’s current employment authorization document (EAD) card is set to expire within thirty days or has expired. Healthcare workers that need to request an expedite may follow USCIS’ instructions: How to Make an Expedite Request. As mentioned on the Expedite Request page, the applicant should be able to demonstrate by providing evidence on their profession or how they are a currently employed as a healthcare worker.


Article Categories: Immigration, News