To provide expert simulation experiences throughout the curriculum that support the development of competent and compassionate healthcare professionals.
The CSC will be a leader in SP methodology and simulation activities.
The H-E-B Clinical Skills Center (CSC) is a modern facility designed for the teaching and assessment of clinical skills throughout the healthcare education curriculum. Click here for a floor plan.
- Twenty (20) clinical exam rooms and four (4) larger simulation rooms are equipped to utilize standardized patient (SP), manikin, and task trainer simulations, for teaching, learning and assessment.
- Two (2) student classrooms are available for briefing and debriefing.
- One (1) SP classroom for meetings and training where the SPs have their own restrooms, lockers, and other amenities.
The CSC has a highly specialized design with two parallel corridors:
- The outer corridor for student access to the exam rooms.
- The inner corridor for SP access and faculty/staff observation via a one-way mirror.
The CSC utilizes various technology and equipment to capture student activities:
- Learner/SP encounters are digitally recorded with a state-of-the-art Web-based program.
- Two HD pan-tilt-zoom cameras in the exam rooms allow for optimal recording and viewing.
- Overhead paging allows for precise timing of examinations throughout the facility.
- The SP and learner are provided with computers to fill out questionnaires tailored to evaluate the skills being assessed.
- Remote video viewing is available to students and faculty when requested and appropriate.
- All cameras and paging functions are managed from a central control room.
- The digital audio/video system, paging system, and clinical skills testing software were built by Education Management Solutions.