The mission of the Environmental Health and Safety Department is to provide a workplace free of recognized hazards that is conducive to world-class education, research, and patient care as well as Institutional research committee support and emergency response.
We are dedicated to assisting in the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of physical and health hazards in the UT Health San Antonio educational and work environment.
Accomplishments and accolades
- 2017 EPA College/University Partner of the Year Award for Outstanding Waste Reduction Achievements
- 2017-2018 Radiological Sciences Teacher of the Year Award
- Lowest injury cost per employee (health edu. inst. in Texas)
- State of Texas Environmental Excellence Award
- San Antonio Water System (SAWS) Environmental Excellence Award
- Recognized as a TCEQ Clean Texas, Cleaner World Partner
- Hospitals for a Healthy Environment (H2E) Partner for Change Award