Structure of LINC
Achieving the goals of our Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) would be impossible without the engagement and cooperation of key stakeholders from across campus. Our progress to date is the result of over 60 such stakeholders working in interconnected, interprofessional Councils. Each Council identifies and pursues goals, charges, or projects in cooperation with other Councils.
UT Health San Antonio’s Vice President for Academic, Faculty & Student Affairs (VP AFSA) and Deans Council provide the vision and support for success. A team of nationally and internationally recognized experts constitute our LINC External Advisory Council, which provides perspective, insights, and guidance through periodic reviews of progress.
The LINC Office establishes strategy, coordinates information exchange, aligns efforts, and provides support across 4 primary Councils that collectively represent the nucleus of our IPE incubator:
(1) LINC Faculty Council: One faculty representative from each school, and teams of faculty and staff they lead, who acquire and disseminate knowledge about IPE, develop IPE programming, and pursue collaborative scholarship.
- LINC Didactic IPE Initiative: Dedicated to understanding and advancing IPE activities that take place in classroom or simulation settings (including online) as part of formal curricula (e.g., credit-bearing coursework), whose signature program is the LINC Common IPE Experience.
- LINC Clinical IPE Initiative: Dedicated to understanding and advancing IPE activities that take place in clinical settings as part of formal curricula (e.g., credit-bearing coursework), whose signature program is under development and scheduled to launch in 2022.
- LINC Co-Curricular IPE Initiative: Dedicated to understanding and advancing IPE activities that take place outside of formal curricula (e.g., volunteer experiences that augment learning/professional development), whose signature program is the LINC Interprofessional Case Competition.
- LINC Faculty & Staff Development Initiative: Dedicated to expanding UT Health San Antonio’s capacity for meaningful IPE programming and scholarship, whose signature program is the LINC IPE Faculty & Staff Development Program.
- LINC IPE Research & Scholarship Initiative: Dedicated to advancing innovative IPE programming and scholarship across UT Health San Antonio, whose signature program is the LINC Seed Grant Program.
(2) LINC Academic Affairs Council: Vice and associate deans for academic affairs and/or curriculum from each school who integrate IPE into curricula and contribute to the QEP via the development and systematic study of program-specific IPE Plans.
(3) LINC Assessment Council: Directors of academic assessment and compliance from each school and experts in quantitative and qualitative analyses who generate, analyze, and report university-wide IPE outcomes data and contribute to the QEP via administration of the LINC Core IPE Measurement Plan.
(4) LINC Student Council: Student representatives from each school and a multitude of educational programs who provide insight and feedback to improve the quality of IPE programming and contribute to the QEP via the development and implementation of our university-wide LINC IPE Symposium.